If You Notice Mold, File a Claim Right Away
Due to the humidity, the rain, and the many bodies of water, mold is a common discovery in many Florida homes and businesses. Mold can not only damage your property but harm an individual’s respiratory system. It is usually linked to water damage when filing an insurance claim.
With 15 years of experience, Atlantic Property Adjusters can assist you in properly putting together a mold insurance claim. Give us a call at (305) 788-0596 to schedule your FREE inspection.
Mold Damage Do's and Don'ts
- Do get in touch with a mold remediation professional ASAP.
- Do avoid the affected area.
- Do stay out of your house, if possible, especially if you have health problems.
- Don’t attempt to deal with the mold problem yourself.
- Don’t touch anything near or on the area affected by mold.
- Don’t open any windows to let the mold spores out, as the fresh air will help the mold to spread.
- Don’t inhale the mold spores, which can cause serious respiratory problems.
- Don’t eat, drink or smoke near the mold-affected area.
Water vs. Mold Damage Claims
Water damage doesn’t usually have the same insurance policy limitations as mold. However, since water causes mold to develop, water damage will be the insurance claim, and mold is the damage caused by the water claim. Se habla español!