Water & Plumbing
File a Water Damage Insurance Claim With Our Experts Based in Aventura, FL, and Serving All of Florida
The state of Florida sees plenty of storms. This means your home could easily sustain water damage. Work with a public adjuster based in Aventura, FL, and serving all of Florida to get help filing your water damage insurance claim. At Atlantic Property Adjusters, we’ll help you better understand your policy and the options that are available to you.
What Should You Do if Your Property Sustains Water Damage?
If your property has sustained water damage, then there are a couple of things you should do:
- Pick up any loose items and remove valuables from the damaged area.
- Take measures to protect furniture and personal belongings from additional damage.
- Remove excess water.
- Shut off the breakers before removing electrical devices from any areas that are still wet.
You’ll want to avoid leaving things that will absorb water—such as clothes or books—on wet floors or carpeting. In addition, you won’t want to use a vacuum to remove the water and will want to avoid using any electrical appliances while standing on wet surfaces.
Let Us Assist You
We’re prepared to assist you with your water and plumbing insurance claim. As public adjusters, we work on your behalf to make sure that you get the money you need to pay for the damages.
Please have the following ready when you reach out to us:
- Policyholder information.
- Description of the loss.
- Details about reports filed to the authorities.
- Information on any emergency companies contacted and/or mitigation completed.
If you have questions about filing your water damage insurance claim in Aventura, FL, or the entire state of Florida, then consider reaching out to us. We can provide you with a free inspection of your property. Services are available in both English and Spanish.